It’s only the third day of the new year, and already I’ve busted up any goals of posting everyday – maybe that’s a good thing, eh? However, better late than never (or not at all). The last few weeks I’ve been pretty busy working offline (’twas the season to pour drinks, no doubt) thus I didn’t get as much blogging done as I might have hoped. Not to worry (I’m over it), I’m about to come through in the (2-day late) clutch and lay out some goals for this blog in 2017…
- Post more often! Everyone says that, but it still needs written down to be real, right? I’m going to make an effort to post at least once a week, maybe twice if I get on a roll. Anything more than that will rock – but let’s not put that cart out ahead of the horse.
- Connect with my subscribers! I know it’s cool to have “a list” and all, but if you’re not using it, what’s the point? This year I’m going to endeavor to reach out on a more regular basis, providing more focused content (and more useful, we hope!).
- Get real! You heard it here first – I enjoy working on my blog as much as I do the marketing aspects (sometimes more than the commissions), so we’ll talk more about the nuts and bolts of tricking out your WordPress site. Themes, plugins, whatever – it’s on the table. Prop your blog in the comments below – I’m usually keen to follow!
- Connect the dots! I love tracking, but all too often I get caught up tinkering with small details rather than a comprehensive self-promotional campaign. Let’s see if 2017 is the year I go from promotion to subscribers to followup to profits more efficiently than before. Always room for improvement!
- Give away more stuff! I’ve been casually giving away promo codes and zubees over the last several months, but it’s time to step up to the market at large. There’s some pretty killer contest software out there, I’m looking forward to giving one or more contest models a go. No promises here, but…
How’s that for ambition? 😉
Happy New Year!
PS – the image is one of my 2016 goals that I was able to scratch off my list. Seattle rocks!